One of the significant advancements in the history of dentistry is laser dentistry, in which lasers are used to treat dental problems. Laser dentistry acts as a very comfortable treatment option in several dental procedures that involve hard or soft tissue.
The abbreviation of LASER is “light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation.” This instrument forms a focused and narrow beam of light energy that reacts when it hits the tissue, letting it remove or shape the tissue. Laser dentistry is used in treating hypersensitivity, tooth decay, gum disease, and whitening teeth.
What are the procedures that can be performed by using a dental laser?
A range of laser treatments can be applied to gum tissue, that include procedures like:
- Instead of having a common surgical procedure, Laser-Assisted Tissue and Bone Regeneration can assist procedure for the treatment of periodontitis or gum disease.
- Sleep Apnea Night Lase is a fast and companionable solution to snoring and sleep apnea in a non-invasive way.
- Smooth-Lase is a non-ablative laser that helps in reducing wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
What are the benefits of laser dentistry?
The benefits of laser dentistry are:
- Treatments have become simple and accurate.
- It minimizes bleeding during procedures.
- Some procedures don’t even need anesthesia.
- The laser sterilizes the area deducing the chances of bacterial infection.
- Faster healing can be observed with regenerating tissues.
- The procedures don’t cause much damage to the surrounding tissues.
Call us at (408) 988-7788 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Lee for a consultation at our office in Santa Clara, CA.